The latest smartphone from Samsung, Samsung Galaxy S5, Black 16GB (AT&T) , is available at all major Carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon. Here is a quick look at what it has to offer:
- Fingerprint sensor, lets you lock/ unlock your phone by swiping your finger.
- Heart rate sensor, which lets you monitor your heartbeat when exercising.
- A slightly bigger, high resolution screen made with Corning® Gorilla® Glass. It has an Adapt Display feature that automatically adjusts the color, sharpness and other display factors, in different settings.
- A faster focusing 16 MP camera, with selective focus that lets you focus on, or blur, parts of the picture after you take it.
- Longer battery life with an ultra-power saving mode, which when activated, shuts off all non-essential and power-draining features and lets you use your phone for a few hours more.
- Faster 2.5 GHZ quad core processor
- The latest Google’s Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
- A simpler, “Back to basics” approach, which removed some features that were on the previous model such as Air-View, and other “gimmicks” which many users found to be complicated and hard to use.
- Water and dust resistant. It can be submerged in water for up to half an hour.
In short, the S5 has no radical changes over the S4, but it does boast some improvements.
Is it worth the upgrade from the Samsung galaxy S4?
It all depends on your needs. If this is a new purchase, or you’re due for an upgrade, go for it. The same is true for those users who want to have the latest and greatest!
One nice thing about the Galaxy S5 is that it is compatible with the Samsung Gear smartwatches:
This is by no means a comprehensive feature-by-feature comparison. The point is to give readers a quick look into what’s coming. A more detailed review might follow.